Within the Ψ-Quest Association various research projects in the areas of theory and practice of Systemic psychotherapy, as well as in the broader domain of family science are in progress. The specialists participating in these projects work as volunteers.
The Ψ-Quest I Group’s First Research Project
Scientific coordinator – Školka Enikő, Ph.D.
The members of the research group are professionals from the field of systemic psychotherapy and psychiatry (Research Subgroups).
Start date of the activity/project: June 7, 2013
Aims of the work group:
I. the translation, adaptation and validation of 4 assessment tools with very good psychometric properties, 3 of which being systemic in nature and one applicable in the field of systemic psychotherapy
II. the investigation of the nature of the connections between several aspects of family relations, and their associations with a number of dimensions of individual functioning.
III. he study of the management of the ethnic and/or religious differences in families who are culturally diverse from this/these point of view(s)
Working tempo: the group works mainly in the online environment. Its members work together at least once every two months.
Number of work meetings conducted: 6 in 2013, 9 in 2014, 8 in 2015, 6 in 2016, 7 in 2017, 7 in 2018, 5 in 2019.
- Group formation and the establishment of the group functioning rules by mutual consent
- Theoretical and methodological documentation by the group members
- Completion of the research design
- Signing of a statement by the group members regarding the preservation of the research project’s integrity (in the domains of: ethics, scientific quality, confidentiality, group loyalty)
- Selection of the assessment instrument which will support the operationalization of the targeted constructs – the development of the Ψ-Quest Battery
- Obtaining the authors’ permission for the translation and use in the research of those instruments
- Translation of the instruments into Romanian and Hungarian, according to the scientific norms and to the protocols agreed upon with or imposed by the authors
- Resolving of several dilemmas that arose during the translation process, with the direct contribution of the authors of the instruments
- Development and translation of the informative and ethical documents that will accompany the assessment instruments
- Preparation of the documentation needed for the submission of the research project to an assessment process conducted by a scientifically prestigious independent ethical committee
- Obtaining of the ethical approval for the research project from the Ethical Committee of “Iuliu Hațieganu” University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Cluj-Napoca (registration number from the Pro-Rectory of Scientific Affairs – 369/2.07.2015)
- Training of the team members for the standardized administration of the assessment tools, the scoring process and data entry in the electronic database
- Conducting of a pilot study and obtaining of preliminary results
- Preparation of the necessary materials for the administration in the online environment
- Implementing and testing of the assessment instruments in the online environment
- Conception and execution of the research promotion materials
- Conception of the battery’s sixth questionnaire
- Preparation of the Romanian and Hungarian versions of the sixth questionnaire’s for the online environment.
- Testing the Ψ-Quest Battery in the online environment
- Submission of the amended (extended) research project to the assessment process he Ethical Committee of “Iuliu Hațieganu” University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Cluj-Napoca; Obtaining of the ethical approval (registration number from the Pro-Rectory of Scientific Affairs -/.09.2019).
21. Releasing the battery in the online environment and also continuing the face to face administration for the non-clinical population
22. Development of the administration protocol of the Ψ-Quest Battery for clinical population.